Ideally the successful candidate will have proven experience with sizeable landscape projects, specialising in design and understand the requirements of detailed documentation for council endorsement.
Design development and liaising with clients is key to this role, and being able to work effectively within a team environment is essential.
Projects include broad acre developments, parks and gardens/public open spaces
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years post graduate experience
- Vast amount of local (Australian) experience
- Understanding of Australian Landscape codes
- High level experience and proficiency using AutoCAD (no other programs will be available to you) and delivering construction documentation
- Eye for detail
- Experience using SketchUp
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong initiative and passion for design
- Have proven track record with strong portfolio of previous work
- Experience in greenfield landscape master plan development
- Prepare detailed designs and construction documentation for a broad range of projects with the majority set in the greenfield environment.
- Be responsible for running and delivering design within project budgets
- Work well with an internal team including project managers, operation managers, garden designers, external and internal landscape architects, and project administration.
- Be an excellent listener with ability to translate to outcomes
- Be able to communicate in layman terms to consultants and customers
- Be interpretive and creative
- Experience working with council planning departments and contract town planners
- Ability to influence outcomes
- Driven to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations
- Fast working and productive
- Highly organised
- Team orientated
- Results driven
With previous experience in a similar role, the right candidate will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the process of LA design and documentation.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate experience working with a high volume of projects, work to tight deadlines and develop time schedules and able work within the budget requirements of each project.
Extensive problem solving skills to address day-to-day issues to ensure the successful delivery of the projects is essential as is a love of working in a fast paced environment and exposure to high profile projects.
This is a rare opportunity to work with Australia’s leading horticulture firm, a progressive outfit that has a holistic approach to outdoor environments.
This opportunity is only open to those with current rights to work in Australia.
Fleming’s Landscapes is part of the dynamic Fleming’s Group which also incorporates Fleming’s Nurseries and Birdwood Nursery.