See the new Chelsea 2007 Australian Garden website...click here
This garden is an adaptation of the show garden that Dean Herald designed and Rolling Stone Landscapes constructed at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show in April 2005.
At Melbourne the garden was awarded a Gold Medal as well as the prestigious Royal Horticultural Society of Victoria Comeadow Award presented to the most outstanding designer at the show.
The garden is a tailored space that affords the atmosphere of the outdoors without the compromising of luxuries. It is designed to compliment and complete the Australian outdoor lifestyle experience for the enjoyment by family and friends alike.
The key design features of the garden include:
- A fully functional cooking space, complete with electric cooker, refrigerator and even the kitchen sink.
- A flat-roofed gazebo that protects the equipment from the elements as well as providing a strong structural focus within the garden.
- A large chimney forms a structural and practical element, while also having decorative qualities. The circular cut-out helps to add a feeling of spaciousness as well as an additional viewing point. The stacked firewood section also looks ornamental while fulfilling the practical role of firewood supply for the fireplace.
- A specially designed and constructed dining table has been incorporated into the water feature – water runs between glass while you dine and then cascades into the pond below. Quotes and saying inscribed into the glass act as a conversation starter for diners.
- A sunken lounge area offers a retreat where guests can be entertained while enjoying the warmth of the fireplace.
- A small play area for children, including a sand pit and blackboard.
- A lush planting of hardy and low maintenance plants.
The Landscape Designer - Dean Herald
After three years of study Dean started his own landscape design and construction company at the age of 19. He now enjoys working in the prestige residential market in Sydney, Australia. This allows him to be able to design gardens that are in keeping with his passion for the Australian outdoor lifestyle.
Dean particularly enjoys finding new ways to enhance his client's outdoor living experiences. Over the past 13 years he has custom designed and constructed gardens that are tailored to his clients needs and desired lifestyle.
2006 will be the first time that Dean has exhibited at the Chelsea Flower Show. Previously he has attained the highest accolades for his show gardens at both the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show and Sydney in Bloom.
|2005 - Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show - Gold Medal and Comeadow Medal*|
|2005 - Sydney in Bloom - Gold Medal|
|2004 - Sydney in Bloom - Gold Medal|
|2003 - Sydney in Bloom - Gold Medal|
* The Royal Horticultural Society of Victoria Comeadow Award - this is a special recognition award from the Royal Horticultural Society of Victoria presented to the most outstanding landscape designer at the Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show.
The Landscape Contractor
Rolling Stone Landscapes was established by Dean Herald in 1992. Since Rolling Stone Landscapes inception, innovative landscape solutions have rewarded clients and their families with tailored lifestyle solutions. The staff of Rolling Stone Landscapes embrace each project fully and bring a designed environment to life for their clients with the use of creative products and plants.
A crew of eight staff from Rolling Stone Landscapes will have the assistance of Scott Wynd from Total Landscape and Construction (TLC), who project managed the construction of Fleming's Nurseries 'Float', a gold medal winning garden from Chelsea 2005. There will also be three nursery people from Fleming's Nurseries helping out with the plant material.
Phone: +613 9756 6105
Facsimile: +613 9752 0005
Media Contact (London):
Limm PR 2a Kingscote Rd Chiswick London W45LJ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Phone: 020 8354 7336
Facsimile: 07747 6176901
Media Contact (Australia):
Level 1, The Comedy Theatre
240 Exhibition St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Phone: +613 9209 9066
Mobile: 0408 340 063
Facsimile: +613 9209 9020